Sage X3 is a fully featured ERP solution, built for Manufacturing, Distribution and Services businesses. The Sage X3 capabilities guide gives a great overview of many of the features that this ERP system offers. However, it is many pages long, so we have put together this quick overview.
In this overview, our Sage X3 experts have picked some of the Sage X3 features and functions that make Sage X3 the ERP solution that can help you to make your business perform at its best.
Sage X3 features
Sage X3 has fully integrated financial functions which enable you to manage and control all aspects of your business including:
- Multi ‘everything’
- Run as many companies as required in the system.
- Fully automated Intercompany transacting.
- Trade in multiple currencies.
- Each company has its own accounting currency.
- Optional module available to download exchange rates automatically – never enter another exchange rate into your system!
- For businesses with multiple companies, multiple general ledgers can be run in different currencies which enable real time financial consolidation.
- Split your business by sites, which may be geographic or virtual; to enable control of inventory, orders and financial transactions.
- Implement specific fiscal legislation packs for various countries around the world, supporting the local tax and fiscal requirements of your global businesses.
- General Ledger Analysis
- Sage X3 enables a deep level of financial analysis via a number of features:
- GL Expense Codes
- Analytical Dimensions
- Reporting Pyramids
- This provides a detailed level of reporting, for example, by Department, Customer, Product, Region, Salesperson, Product Range, or any other identifiable analysis code.
- Analysis is carried out in the General Ledger, which means that the analysis reports will always match the General Ledger.
- A highly configurable set of logic enables the Journals that are posted to the General ledger to be designed to meet the specific requirements of the finance team.
- Cashflow Forecasting
- Analyse multiple types of data to generate a Cashflow Forecast, taking into account:
- Debtors and Creditors
- Purchase requests, orders and receipts
- Sales quotes, orders and deliveries
- Additional cash impacting adjustments, e.g. recurring commitments, payroll, vat payments, impacts from planned projects etc.
Supply chain management
Manage your entire supply chain process seamlessly in Sage X3:
- Inter-Site and Inter-Company ordering
- Sage X3 enables you to place a supply order on another part of your organisation.
- Dynamically manage the demand and supply transactions in both organisations.
- Automatically link the shipment and receipt flow.
- Handle any inter-company billing.
- Re-Order point-based re-ordering/Statistical Reordering
- Identify stock replenishment requirements based on current demand and minimum stock holding setting.
- Generate suggestions for replenishment from both suppliers and other warehouses or companies within your organisation.
- Using Sages X3’s Enterprise Planning functionality, suggested requirements can be grouped by supplier so that requirements can be consolidated onto a single order.
- Sage X3’s Purchase Request functionality
- Enabling non-purchasing departments the ability to request supplies, without committing to a specific supplier or price.
- The requirements can be reviewed by the buying department or budget holder and suppliers and prices identified before committing to an order.
- Approval policies on spend can be incorporated automatically into the buying process to ensure costs are managed within budget before they are committed. (In conjunction with Signature Management functionality).
Sage X3 includes a full suite of manufacturing functionality at its core, enabling the control of all modes of manufacturing (discrete, process and make-to-order).
- Flexible control
- Sage X3’s flexible configuration allows it to work with most manufacturing environments, whether they are industry specific or company specific.
- Costings & financials
- All costings and financials are in real-time. When you run a workorder, Sage X3 will cost out how much the end-product will be.
- With the real-time functionality, you can check at any point of the production where the actual costs are against standard or estimated costs.
- Sage X3 builds a database of data, including costing, material usage and time usage; giving the right information at all times to allow shop-floor efficiency.
The Sage X3 features allow you to provide project management to customer expectations, whilst managing time and materials.
- Project Planning
- Integrate into all Sage X3 processes, Project link with quote, purchasing, sales, work order and MRP.
- Financial follow-up function
- Monitor the budget and expenses of projects.
- Time entries
- Enter the time spent on a project at the operation, task and budget level.
Reporting and Business Analytics
Make faster strategic decisions by having real-time analysis at your disposal.
- Automatic printout
- Trigger and generate files in Word, Excel, text, HTML or PDF.
- Configurable inquiries
- In presentation and selection, with the ability to drill into the detail and for these to be displayed on a user’s home page.
- Full integration with Excel
- Transfer to Excel from any query screen.
Development and integration
Sage X3 makes the life of IT administrators much easier with its openness, development tools and webservices.
- High configurability: “Tweak” without need for development
- Create database tables and new screens (or add new fields onto existing ones) without the need for development.
- Sage X3 has the facility to expose objects (e.g. Sales Orders, Works Orders, Production Tracking etc.) as Soap Based Web Services.
- Development tools
- All of the tools for development you need for Sage X3 are already in the system or can be downloaded. You don’t need an expensive development studio to develop in Sage X3.
Sage X3 runs our own company – Inixion
Inixion uses Sage X3 in-house to manage our Finances, Services and Project Management. E.g. Sage X3 Project Management allows us to link sales to projects: tracking the time spent on project tasks, which supports our billing process and provides a full view of the time we’re spending on each project and therefore sales.
It gives us an invaluable insight into the product because only when you use a system all the time, do you get to understand the foibles that other users may face every day.
This knowledge combined with the years of experience in configuring and implementing Sage X3 helps us to deliver innovative solutions to customers’ issues. It also helps our support team to better deal with support queries from our customers’ users.
Download the Sage X3 capabilities guide to learn more about Sage X3 features and industry-specific capabilities.