Not only must food and beverage businesses efficiently fill customer orders, manage recipes, control inventory and plan production in an increasingly competitive environment, but they must also deal with the multitude of complexities resulting from increased government regulations.
Additionally, economic conditions have fuelled rising costs that are difficult to pass on to consumers. For food and beverage businesses to be successful, they must be exceptionally focused on operational excellence. They can’t afford any production errors, waste, spoilage, recalls, safety issues or other events that will adversely affect your business.
Sage X3, an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, provides the advanced functionality food and beverage businesses need to remain competitive in the face of these difficult challenges. Sage X3 is specifically suited to the food and beverage industry and is a leading ERP for inventory and order management, recipe management, e-commerce, financials and CRM (to name a few capabilities!).
Sage X3 also offers flexible deployment options. It can be implemented on-premises or in the cloud, giving you flexibility and control over your IT strategy and business needs.
5 Sage X3 benefits for food and beverage businesses
Sage X3 is the solution of choice to grow and keep a lean, agile food and beverage organisation. Companies looking to take back control of operations and scale with minimal overhead costs can benefit from the industry-specific functionality of Sage X3 to manage the entire business faster than ever before, from manufacturing to distribution operations and financials, locally and internationally.
Particularly suited to the food and beverage industry, Sage X3 has inbuilt industry-specific capabilities such as recipe management, quality control, regulatory compliance and lot tracking.
Below you will find five key benefits of Sage X3 for managing food and beverage processes.
1. Streamline compliance to demonstrate a commitment to excellence
The software’s robust core functionality enables companies to easily streamline compliance and eliminate inefficiency, providing a significant advantage over legacy systems and other less powerful ERPs.
Food and beverage companies face more regulatory pressure every day. Sage X3 will help you comply quickly so you can focus on growing your company. Thorough compliance helps you assure your customers of your commitment to excellence.
2. Forecast supply and demand to reduce wasted stock
Food and beverage companies deal with some of the most volatile supply and demand scenarios in business.
Although some elements of the unpredictable will always remain, good business intelligence (BI) helps you predict seasonal changes in supply and demand so you can stock up or sell out accordingly. Sage X3 provides that intelligence in a customisable, easy-to-use interface.
Most food and beverage companies struggle to anticipate demand, leading to wasted stock or lost sales from understocking. With the powerful business intelligence tools in Sage X3, you can quickly draw on historic data that helps you to produce accurate forecasts – saving you money.
3. Automate inventory management to reduce spoilage and expiration
Eliminate inefficiencies and streamline your inventory levels with end-to-end integration of your warehouse management as well as reduce inventory write-offs with an expiration date, use-by-date, or re-control date management.
- Shelf-life management with expiration date control and use-by date to fulfil orders based on unique customer needs
- Extensive warehouse management capabilities with RF support and barcode printing
4. Ensure quality management at all stages to minimise recalls
Track and maintain quality specifications and test results for raw materials, intermediates and finished goods at various stages in their life cycle.
- Conduct inspections throughout packaging and production, then automatically quarantine suspicious or substandard items for further inspection or disposal
- QC testing and analysis covers raw materials, intermediates and finished goods
- All test results are recorded and maintained together with production history
5. Proactively monitor your supply chain using lot tracking and traceability to improve food safety standards
Improve food safety with robust traceability and allergen tracking to ensure that you know the sources of your ingredients and what pressures might be affecting your suppliers during fluctuations in the food supply.
- Forward and backward traceability across the supply chain
- Track each ingredient and end item by plant, batch or supplier, lots and sub-lots, along with automated recall capabilities
- Equipped to manage any recall situation rapidly in minutes – not hours or days
Sage X3 is well suited to food and beverage businesses. It streamlines tracking and puts all your information in an easy-to-use interface that’s accessible to everyone in your organisation.
Check out our guide ‘Sage X3 for Food and Beverage businesses‘ to discover more benefits and key features that drive success in the food and beverage industry.