Sage X3 is Sage’s ERP solution for medium to large organisations. Sage X3 Version 12 allows you to take control of your entire business, from supply chain and sales through to aftermarket while providing you with a faster, more intuitive and tailored business management solution.
Sage X3 Version 12 was first released in 2019. Since then, through a regular cadence of releases, Sage X3’s already extensive breadth of capabilities has been extended to continue to deliver value to customers. In this blog, we explore some of the key highlights of Sage X3 Version 12, which is packed with a whole host of faster, more intuitive and improved features.
- Flexible deployment
- Simplified project management
- Easier compliance and legislation management
- Improvements in manufacturing functionality
- Financial management enhancements
- Automated Test Platform (ATP) to reduce the number of man-days of testing
- Application Programming Interface (API) framework providing more user-centric interactions
1. Sage X3 Version 12 has flexible deployment options
Sage X3 Version 12 offers flexible deployment options. It can be implemented on-premises or in the cloud, giving you flexibility and control over your IT strategy and business needs.
2. Simplified project management
Integrated with other Sage X3 functions, like quotes, purchasing, sales, work orders and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP); the Sage X3 Version 12 Project Management Module gives you better visibility into your projects, helps you to respond faster to customer enquiries and optimises profitability with accurate project costing and billing. Some key benefits include:
- Automation tools – Simplify and speed up stock allocations and project management budgeting with built-in automation.
- Flexible billing options – A choice of billing model, including multi-project billing, time billing and milestone billing.
- Revenue recognition – Apply revenue recognition rules attached to each project with traceability and justification of the calculation, giving you greater accuracy when reporting.
- Automated timesheets – With mobile automation, you and your team can save precious time spent on entering data.
3. Manage global compliance and legislation
As a platform that already meets multi-country, multi-legislation, multi-language and multi-entity requirements, Sage X3 Version 12 has enhancements specifically for many countries and continuously provides direct or platform support for managing updated and new compliance and legislation.
4. Manufacturing improvements
Helping to manage challenges faced by many manufacturers, Sage X3 Version 12 automates key production processes and improves predictability across manufacturing processes. Notable manufacturing capabilities include:
- Non-conformance management – Non-conformance can be identified through a range of sources, which are monitored, defined and verified, followed by necessary actions as required.
- Production scheduling and planning – Track and record time-based production data making it easier to prioritise resources and balance headcount across labour-intensive tasks. Improve planning and the capacity to promise, through easy identification of dependencies between work orders and raw materials.
- Automatic scheduling – Focus on automatic scheduling whilst allowing for manual editing and fine-tuning for optimal control of your production plan.
- Waiting time scheduling – Schedule standby time or uptime over 24 hours to record events such as the cooling of machines or other downtimes.
- Mobile automation – Using mobile devices you can track material consumption, monitor production time, track shop-floor data, track time, print production labels and much more.
5. Financial management enhancements
With Sage X3 Version 12 you can take the administrative burden out of managing your finances, whilst staying compliant no matter where you do business:
- Key day-to-day operations –Automatic bank file generation process, bank statement reconciliation, automated journal creation and enhanced traceability.
- Electronic signatures and journal traceability – Un-falsifiable signatures to improve the security of your sales transactions and journal entries, meeting the latest audit requirements.
- Multi-company period closing – Close periods/ledgers for a list of companies in a single step, significantly minimising time and effort for users when managing multiple periods/ledgers.
6. Automated test platform to reduce the number of man-days of testing required
To assist with the upgrade process additional functionality is being added to the Automated Test Platform (ATP), allowing businesses to test their business logic on a patched system before releasing the patch to the production environment. This automated testing would greatly reduce the number of man-days of testing that users may have to perform and allows for consistent and repeatable testing.
7. API Framework provides more user-centric interactions
User interfaces are functionally richer than ever, with interfaces able to reside outside of the Sage X3 client allowing for simpler and more user-centric interactions. An example is mobile automation which allows warehouse and manufacturing transactions to be performed from a connected handheld running a chrome browser.
Time to upgrade?
Whether it’s industry-specific functionality, new industry compliance or local tax legislation, Artificial Intelligence (AI) or anything else, Sage X3 Version 12 equips you with all the latest features and functionality outlined in our blog. For those who are using Version 9 or below (V6, V7, PU8 or PU9), please contact us to discuss upgrading to the latest version.
Download our comprehensive ERP selection checklist, which highlights three critical categories for consideration and has been created to help guide you in selecting the right ERP system with the right functionality.