Sage X3 Manufacturing supports the complex needs of businesses in the manufacturing industry, within a single easy-to-use system, that provides a platform for growth and change.
The manufacturing industry is constantly evolving, and manufacturers must stay competitive in volatile markets. Products now have shorter life spans; supply chains are fast-moving, and customers are more demanding. This means that manufacturers must rise to new challenges every day as the future is not as certain and predictable as it used to be.
Managing compliance and regulations are also major issues for manufacturing organisations. A report from PWC states that 36% of CEOs see over-regulation as a threat to growth in 2020. Managing regulations is even more difficult when a business’ activity involves several logistics and manufacturing sites and even more so when those sites are in multiple countries.
Other challenges faced by manufacturing companies
Reduction of costs
The current environment with ongoing supply chain and material issues makes it incredibly difficult to match market demand with appropriate prices, quality and turnaround time. As a result, reducing costs and turnaround time are major priorities. The ability to track costs throughout the supply chain, as well as using data from multiple areas of the business to accurately forecast is essential to organisations being able to reduce costs.
Aligning all activities
Aligning internal and external resources, whether they are operational, human or financial, makes the company more efficient. Coordination across the business and value chain is essential to provide complete visibility across the company’s activities.
Improving customer experience
The focus in today’s market has shifted from providing just products and services to delivering a holistic customer experience. Earning customer loyalty and improving customer service are given more importance. Quality, responsiveness and the ability to capitalise on expertise need to become essential assets. It determines a company’s level of operational excellence. The customer’s experience also becomes a great way of winning new clients.
Staying agile whilst delivering
Manufacturing organisations must rise to the challenges presented daily, but still cater to changes in customer needs and operational issues, whilst controlling costs and lead times. These include:
- Improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Optimise the planning and manufacturing process
- Manage daily variances whilst meeting lead times
- Minimise stock levels, WIP and cycle times
- Deliver on time at the right price
- Control and track costs
- Improve the overall view of problems in the manufacturing process
- Guarantee quality processes (track non-conformance, traceability )
- Maximise availability and yield of production teams
To rise to these challenges, manufacturing companies need a fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, which enables them to manage processes in a timely and agile manner, whilst maximising the value delivered to the customer.
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP
A manufacturing ERP system, like Sage X3, is specifically designed for the manufacturing industry, providing advanced functionality for manufacturing-specific needs. With real-time intelligent insights, the manufacturing ERP system helps finance leaders to move beyond transactional financial management to proactive operations to enhance decision making, protect revenue, mitigate risks and reduce costs. Some manufacturing-specific capabilities include:
- Production methods
- “Process Manufacturing” e.g., food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, chemicals, metal, mining
- “Discrete Manufacturing” g., machinery and industrial equipment, high-tech and electronics, automotive, aerospace
- Multi-mode e.g., make-to-stock, make-to-order, time-to-market
Key Sage X3 customer benefits
Designed to help businesses increase agility, responsiveness and productivity, Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP is characterised by its ability to automate any type of process and adapt quickly to all kinds of situations.
Supports your company’s growth and development
- Adapts as your company evolves.
- Sage X3 is key to improving enterprise flexibility. Sage X3’s configurable and flexible structure can be adapted to suit all kinds of customer requirements. Whether the business is a single site or is organised across many manufacturing or logistical sites, this ERP system supports your company both at a local and international level.
- Facilitating change management
- Re-organising a system means that all employees must make changes to their routines, and the information system is often at the heart of these Through configurable graphical processes, Sage X3 makes it easy to implement these new procedures for each role within the company.
Maximises staff productivity
- Global view of your
- Sage X3 helps companies to manage their activities. The business intelligence tool provides relevant analysis, enabling you to define and track the key indicators of the activity and identify areas for improvement so that you can make well-reasoned decisions and react more effectively to new business opportunities
- Compliance with industry and financial regulations
- Sage X3 helps companies to manage their legal obligations, through its wide range of legislations, taking into account; finance, security and traceability-related Legislations across the globe are available. With its sophisticated traceability functions, audits can be prepared or carried out very simply.
- Compliance with industrial standards
- Guaranteeing traceability and quality of products with batch management and quality control for purchase receipt, production tracking and despatches.
Keep costs under control
- Reduce your TCO
- Keep your operating costs under control
- With its extensive automation and optimisation of processes, Sage X3 will help reduce your administrative costs. Implementation of best practices for each industry and real-time overview of activities means you can optimise stock, costs and customer service levels to ensure a quick ROI.
With Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP you can respond to challenges more easily and manage your entire manufacturing operation faster and more effectively and provide better insight into quality and costs to promote strategic collaboration and improved operational efficiency.
Check out our product guide: A guide to Sage X3 Manufacturing – to gain deeper insight into the product.