In today’s highly competitive and evolved business environment, businesses require proactive, indicative business metrics. A powerful business intelligence (BI) tool will provide invaluable and complete insight to evaluate performance across the business.
A BI solution should provide specialised, accurate reporting to identify trends and opportunities that give you a competitive advantage.
Sage Enterprise Intelligence (SEI), Sage’s fully integrated BI tool for Sage X3 ERP, provides a holistic view of your business, giving you the ability to track, analyse and manage customer and supplier interactions, allowing for fast and effective decision-making.
In this article, we highlight 7 ways that SEI stands out from the crowd.
1. User role options
- Users have the flexibility to view data but be restricted from changing the data model.
- Users are empowered to create dashboards, without posing any risk to the accuracy of the data.
- Viewer users can modify report layouts, drill down and move data around, but will not be able to save those changes.
- A full user can create a report but can be denied the ability to delete reports.
2. Security validation
- With SEI, all security is centralised and managed from the same place.
- Security permissions are created at the data model level and applied to all views from that data model.
- Security permissions cannot be overridden in any way.
3. Configuring security settings
- Granular security options are managed from a central location and implemented across individuals or groups.
- Create users and add them to a group, then determine the access down to column and row level to protect sensitive data.
- The same report can be shared with different users and each user will only see the content that they have been given access to.
4. Out-of-the-box reports
- SEI is a fully integrated solution that provides out-of-the-box views and dashboards tailored to Sage X3.
- Pre-configured templates require minimal set-up and are ready to use from day one.
- Universal Data Models can consolidate and access large amounts of data and provide KPIs for Finance, Sales, Inventory and CRM.
- With SEI you can email, export, print, and even send an external link to the report you want to share.
- ‘Export to Excel’ and maintain the same formatting and drill-down features.
- Take collaboration to the next level with the distribution module – access advanced features such as subscriptions, conditional alerts, reporting packs and more.
- Reporting packs can combine multiple views and allow for customisation and formatting.
- Multi-language is available, so users can see everything in their preferred language.
6. Analysis in Excel
- Combine the capabilities of Excel with the power of SEI.
- Flexibility to create dynamic ad-hoc reports by combining data from different departments into a single worksheet, with the ability to drill down.
- Flexibility to format the contents and layout of reports.
- Build reporting templates and perform mathematical calculations.
- SEI presents all reports in a hierarchy based on the data model, e.g., you can create a sales folder that holds all data relating to sales.
- In the Dashboards, Reports, and Workbooks sections, you have complete control of the organisation of your folders. E.g., structure folders by data source (ERP or CRM) and then organise by department.
- As a user, you can even create a different structure in your favourites.
- All users work in the same “workspace”.
- Users only see reports of the data models that they have been granted access to.
- There is no need to create a different workspace for each user/group.
With SEI you can enable users to self-serve information analysis and reporting by giving them access to a simple, user-friendly business intelligence solution. This means that you can cut down on time spent on analysis and reporting and help your organisation to make decisions more quickly and with greater knowledge. The integration with Sage X3 guarantees the accuracy of critical business data, gives business users consistent insight into current company data and helps clear decision-making, whilst promoting ongoing cross-functional improvement.
Download the Sage Enterprise Intelligence guide to find out more about how SEI can help you to make fast and informed decisions.