Sage X3 Manufacturing is the manufacturing module in Sage X3. It helps manufacturers to achieve process and product consistency across varied operations and gain real-time visibility and insight across the global supply chain.
“Sage X3 Manufacturing results in an annual 15% reduction in inventory levels”. A Forrester Total Economic Impact™ study commissioned by Sage.
A manufacturing ERP system, Sage X3 is specifically designed for the manufacturing industry, providing advanced functionality for manufacturing-specific needs. With real-time intelligent insights, the system helps finance and operations leaders to move beyond transactional financial management to proactive operations to enhance decision-making, protect revenue, mitigate risks and reduce costs.
Trusted by over 7000 customers in 80 countries, Sage X3 also offers flexible deployment options. It can be implemented on-premises or in the cloud, giving you flexibility and control over your IT strategy and business needs.
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP includes make-to-stock, make-to-order or project manufacture by ‘batch or process’ and ‘discrete’ manufacturing. Providing Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Materials Resource Planning (MRP), capacity planning and much more. It can also handle multiple currencies, inter-company transfers and reporting of information from one country to another, and between subsidiaries and their headquarters across multiple companies.
Below are some of the key manufacturing, distribution and financial management features Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP offers:
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP features
Investing in an ERP solution such as Sage X3 Manufacturing helps you to manage your entire manufacturing operation – from procurement and scheduling to shop floor, inventory, sales and financials. Sage X3 Manufacturing also provides insight on quality and costs to promote strategic collaboration and improved operational efficiency and provides out-of-the-box capabilities such as:
- Make-to-order or project manufacture by batch or process
- Discrete manufacturing
- Technical data setup
- Replenishment and planning rules
- Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Work plan and manufacturing analysis
- Interactive capacity planning
- A variety of material tracking methods
- Cost accounting
The inclusion of modules such as MRP and MSP in Sage X3 Manufacturing enables manufacturers to order materials/products to arrive in a timely fashion and in the correct quantities, rather than keeping large inventories, thereby improving cash flow.
“Inixion helped us with phases of optimisation. Specifically embedding more of the ADC [Automated Data Capture] and scanning components into our manufacturing and warehouse function in the UK. The UK unit has probably become our most sophisticated, using most of Sage X3’s capabilities and they have become a model, for the rest of the organisation.”
Nick Ariganello, Senior Director, Enterprise Applications, BioIVT
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP benefits
Sage X3 Manufacturing manages your entire manufacturing operation faster and more effectively – from procurement and scheduling to shop floor, inventory, sales and financials – and provides better insight into quality and costs to promote strategic collaboration and improved operational efficiency.
Sage X3 Manufacturing gives you complete control over your global operation as well as a flexible system that grows with your business. It provides benefits such as:
- Minimise over-production by aligning production, purchasing and logistics
- Avoid inventory issues with demand planning and modelling tools to support production, including Just-in-Time (JIT) production
- Eliminate waiting by providing people with the access they need to streamline decisions and approvals with automation
- Solve transport problems by timing production and logistics, so businesses do not have to move goods from one place to another, needlessly
- Prevent over-processing through the creation of a bill of materials (BOM)
- Stop unnecessary motion by providing data that ensure your machinery is working in the most efficient, productive and effective way
- Wipeout defects by seeing where the deviations are and stop them at the source
Check out our guide: A guide to Sage X3 Manufacturing – so you can gain deeper insight into Sage X3 for Manufacturing.