In the last two years, the ramifications of Covid and Brexit have placed great strains on supply chains, especially for manufacturers and distributors. As a result, they now need to manage their supply chains with more skill than they have had to in the past.
Supply chain management (SCM) is essentially the management of materials. Effectively managing supply chains is important for manufacturers as it helps them to reduce costs, improve efficiencies and ensure jobs are completed and delivered on time.
Manufacturing ERP software plays a vital role in supply chain management and has increasingly gained popularity amongst manufacturers and distributors as a smarter way to manage supply chains.
What is Manufacturing ERP software?
Manufacturing ERP software tracks business resources, such as cash, raw materials, and production capacity; and the status of commitments made by the business, such as customer orders and purchase orders. Manufacturing ERP software can include modules for many different business processes such as inventory and manufacturing management purchasing capacity planning, production planning and much more.
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP software
Investing in an ERP solution such as Sage X3 Manufacturing helps you to manage your entire manufacturing operation – from procurement and scheduling to shop floor, inventory, sales and financials. Sage X3 Manufacturing also provides insight on quality and costs to promote strategic collaboration and improved operational efficiency and provides out-of-the-box capabilities such as:
- Make-to-order or project manufacture by batch or process
- Discrete manufacturing
- Technical data setup
- Replenishment and planning rules
- Master Production Schedule (MPS) and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Work plan and manufacturing analysis
- Interactive capacity planning
- A variety of material tracking methods
- Cost accounting
The inclusion of modules such as MRP and MSP in Sage X3 Manufacturing enables manufacturers to order materials/products to arrive in a timely fashion and in the correct quantities, rather than keeping large inventories, thereby improving cash flow.
Sage X3 manufacturing ERP software includes financial management and distribution modules. It can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud, providing organisations with a flexible approach to managing their IT strategy.
Sage X3 Manufacturing ERP software benefits
Sage X3 Manufacturing gives you complete control over your global operation as well as a flexible system that grows with your business. It provides benefits such as:
- Minimise over-production by aligning production, purchasing and logistics
- Avoid inventory issues with demand planning and modelling tools to support production, including Just-in-Time (JIT) production
- Eliminate waiting by providing people with the access they need to streamline decisions and approvals with automation
- Solve transport problems by timing production and logistics, so businesses do not have to move goods from one place to another, needlessly
- Prevent over-processing through the creation of a bill of materials (BOM)
- Stop unnecessary motion by providing data that ensures your machinery is working in the most efficient, productive and effective way
- Wipeout defects by seeing where the deviations are and stop them at the source
The importance of working with manufacturing ERP software experts
When it comes to implementing Sage X3 Manufacturing, it’s beneficial to work with a dedicated team of experts, like Inixion, with years of experience in implementing ERP solutions, specifically for manufacturers.
With the inherent benefits of ERP for manufacturing, now is the time to look ahead and ensure that your company is fit to be a profitable business in 2022 and beyond. Whatever happens in the future of supply chains, ERP can support manufacturers of all sizes to weather most storms.
Explore our Sage X3 Manufacturing product guide to find out all you need to know about Sage X3 Manufacturing and its capabilities.