During the average ERP life-cycle of around 10 years, an organisation may face many challenges that can ultimately lead them to start looking at replacing their ERP/Business Management system. Alternatively, some organisations choose not to upgrade their ERP system for several years/versions and internal or external factors may then drive them to upgrade to the latest version of their ERP system.
During our more than 11 years as a Sage X3 reseller, customers have chosen to replace their system with Sage X3 for many different reasons, including;
- Lack of visibility (SIL Holdings)
- Using a ‘legacy’ system based on ‘old’ technology can mean that access to real-time data is not possible, or an organisation may be using multiple outdated solutions which simply don’t integrate, creating a lack of visibility across the business.
- Modification/Customisation (FFP Packaging Solutions)
- Over years an organisation can choose to modify/customise their ERP/Business Management system, but this can often prevent a ‘painless’ upgrade to the latest version. This can necessitate an upgrade which needs to be handled like a ‘new’ implementation.
- Lack of scalability (Blagden Specialty Chemicals)
- Organisations may simply outgrow their ERP/Business Management system, due to diversification, increased transactions, expanding internationally and many other factors.
Recently our customer Avon Rubber chose to upgrade to the latest version of Sage X3 because their latest acquisition had requirements that were not served by the Sage X3 version in use at Avon at the time.
You may be experiencing one or more of the challenges that our customers have faced, but ultimately the only reason to replace or upgrade is when the benefits (and therefore cost) of a new system/version outweigh the pain(s) of the old system/version.
Whether you’re looking to replace in the short-term or are working on the cost/benefit case, please get in touch with us and we’d be more than happy to help you.
Sage X3 Live Demo
Posted on February 19, 2020
Sage X3 is an ERP system that can help to improve your business by speeding up processes across your business from finance through production, sales and customer service. Drive growth and performance...
Considerations for ERP selection
Posted on February 11, 2020
Selecting and implementing a new ERP system is an expensive proposition. A project like this doesn’t just involve the cost of the software but is resource and time hungry and carries multiple risks...
Get in touch
Tell us what you need