Reasons to buy ERP/Business Management Systems
In our previous blog “Why our customers chose to upgrade Sage X3 or replace their legacy software” we described some of the reasons why struggles with incumbent ERP/Business Management systems or older Sage X3 versions may have created a need to replace/upgrade. However, there is/are usually (an) additional business-critical reason(s) that drives the decision for change.
Panorama Consulting publishes annual ERP reports* which includes the reasons for buying an ERP/Business Management system. These reasons are illustrated by the above graph, which has been put together with data from Panorama Consulting’s annual ERP reports*. Last year’s top reason for buying an ERP system; to replace an old ERP or legacy system has been superseded by the drive to improve business performance.
Our customers’ drivers for change have included many of these reasons:
- To replace an old or legacy ERP system (Blagden Specialty Chemicals)
- The driver to replace an old or legacy ERP system is generally that these systems don’t have the required functionality, technology or speed to keep up with changes in a business.
- To improve business performance (Central Pharma)
- An ERP/Business Management system can support improvements in business performance in so many different ways; real-time access to business-critical information, easily manage regulatory compliance, management of business processes in a logical way and much, much more.
- To make employee jobs easier (Taylor Wimpey Logistics)
- If you can dispense with duplication, Excel spreadsheets and other issues that take up unnecessary time, then employee jobs are certainly made easier. Could it be the “war for talent” that has increased this reason so much? Having up-to-date systems in place can make a more attractive workplace.
The multitude of business drivers for change that we have come across during our 10 years as a Sage X3 reseller have helped to enrich our know-how. We continue to build on this by really listening to the needs of existing and prospective customers, so we can support them to reach their business goals by using Sage X3.
20 years with Sage X3 / Sage Enterprise Management / Adonix X3
Posted on December 5, 2019
20 years ago, our founder and managing director, Ian Bromley, first met the 'X3' product and embarked on a two-decade long journey of living and breathing everything that is X3. Read his story of how...
Inixion team fully certified in all Sage X3 disciplines for the latest version
Posted on November 26, 2019
Inixion are proud to announce that its team of consultants are fully certified in the latest version of Sage X3 (Version 12). Sage’s Certification Program’s rigorous exams test the knowledge and...
Get in touch
Tell us what you need