The story so far:
Belzona previously used Oracle e-Business suite to control all operational, stock, financial and Human Resources throughout their UK Headquarters. Ongoing excessive licencing costs was a factor in deciding to look for alternative solutions although Belzona were also keen to exploit functional and technological advances of a more modern system including reporting, integration options and the ability to deploy a ‘vanilla’ system without major bespoke developments.
Sage Enterprise Management, formerly known as Sage X3, from Inixion was selected by Belzona as the prime system of all they considered, satisfying all of their core requirements.
- Multi-level chemical formulae management and separate manufacturing processes including requirement for strict visibility controls of formulae detail.
- Belzona’ sales operation is split between employees, agents and distributors – all requiring management of pricing and commissions.
- Belzona Technosol, a specialist subsidiary providing application services for Belzona products, required project control and visibility.
- Multiple pack sizes/ country specific packs produced from single manufacturing batch.
Sage Enterprise Management was deployed using all of the core modules. Inixion configured Sage Enterprise Management for use by the multiple companies of Belzona including full electronic signature management along with standard Sage Enterprise Management workflow features.
- A seamless changeover from the old Oracle e-Business suite system to Sage Enterprise Management was reported by all departments.
- Sage Enterprise Management Visual Processes provides a Belzona specific set of interactive workflow process maps.
- An on-line Distributor Portal was delivered using out of the box Sage Enterprise Management functionality.
- The Material Requirements planning function provided accurate results from day one.